What percentage of the population do you believe
has some form of a mental health issue?
I’ve had people answer anywhere from 50% to 100%.
According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), the truth is roughly 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental health issues each year. Since 20% of the population requires licensed mental health professionals, that leaves 80% who do not. Where do they go for help with everyday life issues and difficulties? Since they’re not ill, why seek out the services of those specializing in illnesses?
Not everyone requires the same approach to healing, as not everyone comes from the same place in their needs and growth. Some people are expanding the boundaries of their living in ways that require a different focus and a different set of tools and perspectives. Many seek, consciously or unconsciously, a life of magical synchronicities, greater freedom, and a richer and more vibrant quality of life marked by deeper self-awareness, an awakening of their truer nature, and a greater self-clarity and elegance. Many are growing and becoming in ways that far exceed the services of those trained only to handle disorder, illness, and psychological pathology. Such clients are not sick; they are evolving.
And this is where ASAT™ C.O.R.E Counseling comes in. And this is the domain of The American Society of Alternative Therapists (ASAT), the professional association of ASAT C.O.R.E. Counselors.