The inhabitants who live there are become unhinged.
That’s the bad news.
Our world is not evolving … it’s ending. And, out of this “ending” a new world is emerging; not a fixed world, not a changed world, not a new and improved version. A new world. A world beyond anything one can dream or imagine.
We’ve talked of this many times before. We likened it to dying; not literally, but in a more real sense, a truer sense. It is a ‘dying’ to the past; all the past - the worst of it, the best of it, and everything in between. All our sacred institutions are collapsing. We can see this unfolding before our eyes each night in the news. But what makes this really frightening is that humankind, collectively and individually, is ‘dying’ as well. A few are experiencing it consciously, most unconsciously. This is the underlining source of the upheavals we are playing out in our individual lives, and in the world around us. During this confusing time, it is important to pause a moment to let in that chaos is a necessary state in making way for the birth of the new … the birth of a virgin future.
Science understands that two realities cannot occupy the same space simultaneously. One goes, one remains. Our old systems cannot hold the same space as the emerging ones. The old must go completely to make way for the new; the old dies, the new is born. This is the reality of these turbulent times. Nothing more, nothing less. This is the necessary condition of the new world’s unfoldment. To best navigate this chaos, we must disengage from the upheavals and attend to the call of this virgin future. Accept this precious gift from God, Goddess, All That Is.
The madness we’re experiencing in differing ways, and see playing out in the world around us, is the world’s reaction to this new birth. Call it “birthing pains” if you wish. These upheavals are natural to the event. They are, as we stated earlier, necessary.
All change is preceded by chaos, or entropy (disorder). The more profound the reality being birthed, the greater the disorder preceding it. There is great power in entropy (disorder). Chaos holds incredible magic. The key to growing and prospering from these turbulent times is to let in that there are virtually unlimited opportunities for profound growth in the whirlwind of chaos. How we react to the chaos in ourselves and our world will determine how elegantly, or not, we experience it. How we attend to our fast-changing realities will determine how elegantly, or not, our process of becoming new plays out. The emerging you, the emerging world, is destined to be. It will be. It’s a fact. It’s the promise of God, Goddess, All That Is to you and to your world. You can either go kicking and screaming into your future or dancing and singing. It’s up to you.
Suggestions for Working with the Chaos
(1) Don’t give your power away. During the eight years of the Obama administration, I constantly lamented the end of America and the demise of civilization. Recently, a friend asked, “Well, Obama was president for eight years … and your life, now?” It was easy to admit that my life’s better now than at any time in the last 73 years. It’s better, not because of Obama (and if it were worse, it would also not have been because of Obama), it is better because I chose it so. It is better because I created my reality to be so … not Obama. I create my reality … not Obama, not Trump, not Hillary, not the “evil” Republicans, not the ‘wascally’ Democrats, not the angry right, not the lunatic left. I do. Giving away power to people, things, events outside of yourself is not only a waste of time, but a waste of attention and a forfeiture of your authority to author your own reality. If your life is affected by Donald Trump, it’s not because of Donald Trump (he doesn’t have that power), it’s because you’ve giving away your power, your authorship to create your own reality.
You are the creator of your reality!
Neither Donald Trump, nor Hillary Clinton, nor anybody, nor anything has power over you until you give it. Whenever you find yourself getting worked up because of that person(s), circumstance, event, etc. - back off. Realize that, at that moment, you are giving your power away to it. Stop. Take back your power by responding to your inner voices - the source of the fear and anger is within you, not in what you’re perceiving. Forgive yourself. Make the choice to engage your outer world differently.
(2) Trust the bigger picture. Your outer world is an out picturing of your inner world - and your inner world is in upheaval. You have absolutely no idea what the bigger picture is right now. You’re smack dab in the whirlwind. Remember, you are not creating this new world, your allowing it. You have no idea what it will be, or what it will look like. It’s beyond what you can imagine or dream. It is birthing from the imagination of God, Goddess, All That Is. Whatever your realty is right now, it’s a story you’re telling yourself. It’s not true. Though you do not yet know the bigger picture, you can begin to experience it frame by frame, as you take authorship if your story, attend to your fear, forgive yourself for holding to the past, and trust your process. Trust the bigger picture. The bigger picture is what’s real, your story is not. When you find yourself getting caught in the story, back off. Say to yourself, “I don’t know the bigger picture, here. But there is one. I choose to receive its power and be guided by its influence.” As you continue to do this, more and more the bigger picture becomes part of your current experience.
(3) Attend to your frightened ‘selves.’ The new world is sourced in the Unconscious. It is bubbling up to be experienced consciously. The ‘dying’ we talked about is, likewise, occurring in the Unconscious. It is out-picturing in our conscious experience as fear stories. We are erroneously projecting our inner fear onto people and events outside us. In our projections we are believing that threat is coming at us, instead of from within, which is the true source. This is our fear story. We are trying to engage a fear story that’s not real instead of attending to the real fear which lies within.
If you’ve been in a dark room for a long time, and grown used to it, and someone lights a tiny candle that slowly begins to grow brighter and brighter, the growing light will produce shadows that move as the light gets brighter. Because you’re not used to the light, your attention will naturally be drawn to the moving shadows, and you, of course, will become frightened. As the room becomes brighter, the shadows become less. Fear diminishes. Once the room is fully illuminated, shadows are gone, fear vanishes, and only the light remains. There is great fear in the world right now. People are seeing the moving shadows but are not aware that it’s just the result of the growing light of this virgin future emerging. People react to their fear in many ways: they hide (go into denial), get angry, become violent, become irrational, hold tenaciously to dogmatic thinking, become loud, bullying, and controlling, etc. Look to the news at night. You’ll see fear with its many faces everywhere.
Your outer reality is a projection of your inner one. If your perceived reality is in chaos, it’s your inner reality that’s projecting it. Therefore, attend to those within that are holding the fear - your less developed selves, your negative ego, the ‘boys in the back room.’ You are giving your reality to them whenever you are experiencing fear with its many faces. If you are in fear and anger it’s because you are looking though their eyes. You are giving authorship of your reality to them. Reclaim your authorship, not by ignoring them, but by giving them voice. Go within. Sit with them, let them express the fear and rage they feel. Be loving and present. Remind them that you are not abandoning them to the fear, you’ll be with them always. Reassure them. Love them. Pay attention to them. You, my friends, are going nowhere in your reality without them.
(4) Work your magic. As magicians, healers, miracle-workers, map-makers, it’s time now to stand up and stand out. This is the moment to do what you do best - work magic, heal, love, dream. There are many ways you can work. An elegant way is to work meditatively. When you experience upheavals in your world, locally or internationally, go into a meditation and with your Higher Self, go to that hot spot and, together, envelop the area in a sphere of light. In that light, flow your love, your healing, your magic.
There is also an astonishing lack of creativity, innovation, and imagination in our world today. Dogma has replaced dialogue. Lack of civility has replaced any sense of community with co-operative interactions. And where there is a great need for imaginative, creative, and innovative solutions, old and stale formulas are still being promoted. As in the previous meditation, you and your Higher Self can go to those who lack the imagination, creativity, innovation: researchers struggling to find solutions to disease; world leaders engaging in petulant, childish behavior; politicians desperately clinging to their need for power and authority, etc. Surround them in a sphere of light. Flow you and your Higher Self’s love, creativity, imagination, and healing into them. But remember this - do not inject your bias, here! Remember, you do not know the bigger picture. Don’t say, or intend, “I want the outcome to be this, or that.” or, “I want that politician, or party, to do this or that.” Rather express it this way, “I desire the greatest good with harm to none” or, “Let truth, beauty, and goodness flow here. Let healing flow here.” What you think is the correct outcome is, most likely, incorrect - not because you’re wrong, or bad – but you do not know the bigger picture. Let the outcome be reflective of, or leading to, the emerging world … that world that’s destined to be. In our reality right now, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it may not be a duck at all.
Remember, you’re not making this new world; you’re choosing it, your receiving it. Your Future Self, in co-creation with your Higher Self, Soul, and God, Goddess, All That Is, is birthing it.
Your part in this Great Awakening …
(1) Don’t give your power away to your fear, or those in your reality reflecting it.
(2) Attend to the source of the fear - you.
(3) Trust in the bigger picture even though you have no idea what it is.
(5) Work your magic.
In so doing you will make for yourself, and others, a map to it. Nothing else is necessary. Not even that.
What’s destined to happen, must happen.
Enjoy the ride.